Gas Fireplace Service & Repairs
So you have a gas fireplace and think that it’s maintenance free? Unfortunately, that’s not the case. Most people have no idea that running their gas fireplace without ever having it serviced is still a potential hazard. Just like a car or appliance, gas fireplaces need a qualified technician to clean and service their inner components and check for any safety concerns or parts that are nearing the point of failure. A to Z Chimney Services’ National Fireplace Institute (NFI) Gas Certified technicians perform all types of repairs, big or small. Let us get your gas fireplace working properly so you can enjoy it with confidence this season.
What’s Wrong With My Gas Fireplace?
With gas fireplaces, it’s not usually the chimney or vent that needs to be cleaned but the fireplace unit itself. And it’s not usually soot that needs to be cleaned out, but all the dust, dirt, pet hair, insects, and other foreign materials that are drawn into the combustion area—where the fire burns—and into the controls compartment beneath the combustion area. But unless you tend to use your gas fireplace several hours each day during the winter, your fireplace probably won’t need an annual cleaning. Our average customers need to have their gas fireplace serviced every 3-5 years, since Sacramento, California winters tend to be shorter and less severe compared to other parts of the country.
However, there are some pretty surefire indicators that it’s time to have your gas fireplace cleaned. You’ll know it’s time to call A to Z when you notice:
- A gray haze or film on the inside of your fireplace glass.
- An accumulation of dust and debris in the cavity beneath the combustion area. (This area can usually be accessed for inspection by opening the louvers at the bottom of the fireplace).
- Your fireplace gives off a pungent smell every time you fire it up.
What Is Included In A Gas Fireplace Cleaning?
During a gas fireplace cleaning and inspection, we handle the following:
- The glass, gas logs, burner tubes, and orifices are all removed and meticulously cleaned.
- The combustion area, lower cavity, and area on top of the fireplace are thoroughly vacuumed and cleaned.
- The fireplace is re-emberized for vibrant effect while burning.
- Parts that typically fail (such as thermocouples, thermopiles, spark ignition wires, flame rectification rods, etc.) are checked for serviceability and changed if necessary. We strive to carry the most common parts and are often able to replace parts without an extra trip or service charge.
If it’s been a while since you’ve had your gas fireplace cleaned and serviced by a qualified gas fireplace technician, A to Z Chimney Services would love to get it in top condition and looking like new. Clean glass and new embers really make your gas fireplace much more enjoyable. Your fireplace will look much better, last longer, and will provide you with a more pleasurable burning experience.
Are you concerned about the condition of your gas fireplace? If you live in the Sacramento area, make an appointment with A to Z Chimney Services today! Email us at email@example.com or fill out our online appointment form.
When you call on A to Z Chimney Services for reliable fireplace or chimney services, don’t forget to ask us about our experience with new fireplace or chimney installations…we can help with that, too!
We Accept Credit Cards
Certifications & Associations
Awards & Reviews
I just wanted to thank you for your expert advice at my last chimney cleaning. We were looking to purchase and install a new wood stove in order to keep our home warmer during the winter, and although it wasn’t directly related to having our chimney swept, your technician took a lot of time to go over several features and designs that were good, and told me several things to watch out for when purchasing a new wood stove.
Needless to say, I could tell this guy knew what he was talking about! It was nice getting an impartial opinion from someone who works with wood stoves all day long!
Suffice it to say that when our new wood stove is installed, we’ll continue to have A to Z out to clean it! You guys are awesome!
~ Allan Stuckin, Fair Oaks, CA
Read more »
ServiceCEO Chimney Sweeps Software Business Solutions