The stretch from Thanksgiving to the New Year has most people busy with shopping, cooking and cleaning. This is all in preparation for holiday celebrations and holiday guests. As you prepare your home for the holiday season, add a chimney sweeping to your holiday checklist!
A chimney sweeping should already be part of your annual home maintenance. Most homeowners will have their chimneys swept and inspected each fall, before they light the first fire of the season. If you’ve missed your fall chimney cleaning and inspection, a pre-holiday chimney sweeping and inspection comes with many benefits, including:
- A safer home for your family, pets and guests. When it comes to chimney sweepings and inspections, it really is about safety first. Your annual chimney sweeping and inspection ensures that your chimney is clear of dangerous, flammable creosote. Also, any blockages, deterioration, and defects. The would all put your home and family at an increased risk of a home fire, or carbon monoxide poisoning. That’s why the National Fire Prevention Association advises that chimneys be swept and inspected at least once per year.
- Fresher air in your home. A dirty chimney can fill your home with a variety of foul smells, including a burning smell, rotting smell, musty smell or decaying smell. When holiday guests are on their way, no one wants to be embarrassed by a smelly home. A chimney sweeping and inspection can clear away the source of bad odors and leave your home smelling cleaner.
- A more efficient fireplace. Your annual chimney sweeping and inspection includes a cleaning and inspection of your fireplace, too. Especially if you have a heating stove, insert or gas fireplace, that cleaning and maintenance helps your fireplace to operate more efficiently, providing you with more heat for less money.
- Monetary savings. In addition to the holidays, this time of the year can also bring harsh, wet weather. If your chimney has a leak or structural deterioration, your home and your chimney are susceptible to further damage that can cost you a lot of money down the road. During your annual sweeping and inspection, your chimney technician will point out any deficiencies and make recommendations for repairing your chimney to keep it safe from further damage.
- An opportunity for upgrades. If you have been thinking about upgrading your fireplace to increase its efficiency, its heating power or its efficiency, your chimney sweeping and inspection provides the perfect opportunity to talk your chimney sweep about the possibility of upgrades. You can even have your fireplace upgraded in time for the holidays so you and your guests can enjoy your warm, beautiful fireplace this holiday season.
Don’t wait, call now!
If you are ready to check an item off your holiday to-do list; realize the benefits of a chimney cleaning and inspection. Call A to Z Chimney Services to schedule your appointment today!