Masonry Chimney Repairs
Fewer and fewer modern homes are being built with masonry chimneys because they are so expensive to build! Despite the expense, a properly built masonry chimney can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance!
Because your masonry chimney represents a significant portion of your home’s value, it is wise to keep it in top condition with preventative maintenance and repairs performed as necessary on a timely basis.
A common misconception is that masonry chimneys are maintenance free, but this couldn’t be farther from the truth.
A to Z often fixes chimneys with no spark arrestors or chimney caps, cracked leaking crowns, spalling brickwork (caused by freeze-thaw damage), leaky flashing, missing mortar, relining with stainless steel or heat shield cerfractory, fixing rusty dampers, parging smoke chambers, repointing the firebox, and numerous other repairs commonly needed on masonry chimneys.
Below is a list of the most common masonry chimney repairs we see on a regular basis. Each item is a link taking you to a more extensive article explaining the problem, and the correct repair.
If your masonry chimney needs repairs of any kind, A to Z’s wealth of experience is at your disposal. We’d be happy to give you a free estimate on any repair you might have.
- Chimney Caps
- Top Sealing Dampers
- Crown & Shoulder Resurfacing
- Crown & Shoulder Tear Off & Rebuild
- Short Stacking
- Glazed or 3rd Stage Creosote Removal
- Unlined Masonry Chimneys
- Relining with Stainless Steel
- Heatshield Cerfractory Flue Repair
- Flashing Repair
- Smoke Chamber Parging & Repairs
- Rear Access Door
- Mantel Clearance to Combustibles
- Seal Decorative Facing to Firebox
- Heat Reflector
- Fireplace & Firebox Repairs
- Gas Log Lighter Installation & Replacement
- Ash Dump Door Replacement
- Unlined Wood Stove Insert
- Hearth & Floor Protection Repairs
- Ash Pit Door Replacement
- Chimney Height Violations
If you have questions or concerns about what is the best way to protect your type of chimney unit, please call us.
We Accept Credit Cards
Certifications & Associations
Awards & Reviews
Great Service. Keep up the good work!
~ Carl Kent, Roseville, CA
Read more »
ServiceCEO Chimney Sweeps Software Business Solutions