Chimney Cap Repairs & Installations
To meet minimum building codes, most chimneys have a cheap piece of chicken wire stuffed in the top of their chimney. While chicken wire may keep sparks from escaping, it does absolutely nothing to keep rainwater, smaller leaves and bird droppings from entering your chimney.
Left unchecked, rainwater is the most destructive element a chimney faces! In addition to eroding the mortar joints between flue tiles (causing dangerous open gaps within your flue), rainwater puddles on the smoke shelf, mixes with creosote (forming a highly acidic slurry), and seeps into the back wall of your firebox, causing expensive damage to the fireplace back wall.
If your chimney doesn’t have a chimney cap, NOW is the time to take care of the most basic preventative chimney maintenance tasks and have one installed. Spending a little money now on a high quality Chimney Cap will save you big headaches and expenses later!
In brief, here are several reasons for purchasing a chimney cap:
Keep Destructive Rainwater out of the chimney and avoid Expensive Repairs and stinky chimney smell!
- Keep dangerous sparks from escaping the chimney while a fire is burning!
- Keep Raccoons, Squirrels, Opossums, and birds out!
- Prevent Leaves, bird droppings, and other debris from getting into the chimney!
- Help prevent smoking problems caused by wind induced down drafts!
- Satisfy CA building Code which requires a 3/8” spark arrestor
We Accept Credit Cards
Certifications & Associations
Awards & Reviews
Great Service. Keep up the good work!
~ Carl Kent, Roseville, CA
Read more »