Prefabricated Chimney Caps
To meet minimum requirements, all prefabricated chimneys need to have a rain cap/spark arrester installed on top of the chimney.
Left unchecked, rainwater is the most destructive element a prefabricated chimney faces! Since prefabricated fireplaces and chimneys are constructed out of thin sheet metal, rainwater can rust and destroy them in short order.
If your prefabricated chimney doesn’t have a chimney cap, or your existing chimney cap is rusted or damaged, NOW is the time to take care of the most basic preventative chimney maintenance tasks and have one installed. Spending a little money now on a high-quality Chimney Cap will save you big headaches and expenses later!
In brief, here are several reasons for purchasing a chimney cap:
- Keep Destructive Rainwater out of the chimney and avoid Expensive Repairs!
- Keep dangerous sparks from escaping the chimney!
- Keep Raccoons, Squirrels, Opossums, and birds out!
- Prevent Rain, Leaves, bird droppings, and other debris from getting into the chimney!
- Help prevent smoking problems caused by wind-induced down drafts!
- Satisfy CA building Code which requires a 3/8” spark arrester
A prefabricated chimney needs a component called a storm collar for a tight seal against water. Let A to Z check to see whether you need this chimney repair.
We Accept Credit Cards
Certifications & Associations
Awards & Reviews
I was shocked by the amount of dryer lint that was cleaned out of my vent…but what really got my attention was the fact that MY DRYER HAD CAUGHT FIRE, AND I DIDN’T EVEN REALIZE IT! This was a little too close for comfort! I’ll be sure to have my vent cleaned on a regular basis from now on, AND to warn my friends and neighbors…Dryers can catch fire, and it could happen to you, too!
~ Bobbie Turner, Roseville, CA
Read more »