Prefabricated Chimney Caps
To meet minimum requirements, all prefabricated chimneys need to have a rain cap/spark arrester installed on top of the chimney.
Left unchecked, rainwater is the most destructive element a prefabricated chimney faces! Since prefabricated fireplaces and chimneys are constructed out of thin sheet metal, rainwater can rust and destroy them in short order.
If your prefabricated chimney doesn’t have a chimney cap, or your existing chimney cap is rusted or damaged, NOW is the time to take care of the most basic preventative chimney maintenance tasks and have one installed. Spending a little money now on a high-quality Chimney Cap will save you big headaches and expenses later!
In brief, here are several reasons for purchasing a chimney cap:
- Keep Destructive Rainwater out of the chimney and avoid Expensive Repairs!
- Keep dangerous sparks from escaping the chimney!
- Keep Raccoons, Squirrels, Opossums, and birds out!
- Prevent Rain, Leaves, bird droppings, and other debris from getting into the chimney!
- Help prevent smoking problems caused by wind-induced down drafts!
- Satisfy CA building Code which requires a 3/8” spark arrester
A prefabricated chimney needs a component called a storm collar for a tight seal against water. Let A to Z check to see whether you need this chimney repair.
We Accept Credit Cards
Certifications & Associations
Awards & Reviews
Dear A to Z,
The gentleman you sent to my home to clean my dryer vent was great! He arrived on time and was very careful about cleanliness. Also, he was very helpful and low pressure when I asked him to give me an estimate on Sun Screens for my windows. I’ll definitely be doing business with you in the future!
~ Bryan Masters, Antelope, CA
Read more »
ServiceCEO Chimney Sweeps Software Business Solutions