If you’re a Catholic saint, you’ve got more holidays and celebrations than you can shake a stick at, but what about the poor lowly chimney sweep? On what day do we honor and celebrate this venerable, humble tradesman who has probably prevented more fires than firefighters have ever extinguished?
Well, Chimney Sweeps don’t have their own official “holi”day….. Instead, we have our own special WEEK!
October 4-10 is Fire Prevention Week! This is the week we celebrate the brave individuals who work hard at preventing fires from happening, as well as the firefighting professionals who risk life and limb to extinguish them when one breaks out.
This is the week each year that you should take steps to reduce the chances of a fire in your home. Here are a few things you can do:
• Get the Chimney Swept and inspected.
• Get your Clothes Dryer Vent cleaned out.
• Have your Gas Fireplace cleaned and inspected.
• Check the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
• Check that your ABC fire extinguishers are fully charged and placed strategically.
• Have your furnace system cleaned and inspected.
• Check the oven exhaust hood to ensure it’s grease free.
To celebrate fire prevention week, A to Z Chimney Services is offering a 10% discount on your next chimney sweeping, dryer vent cleaning, or gas fireplace service scheduled on or before October 31, 2015.
Cannot be combined with any other discount or offer, or currently scheduled jobs. This offer must be mentioned at the time of booking your appointment.